I'm sitting in Starbucks right now watching the tea drip from the Teavana tea bag labels and I wonder how in the hell is the tea floating up the bag and out of the cup...and then I get aggravated and rip the strings off...
"Happy Birthday to Me", I’ve been singing since Sunday. I'm happy. Now if I could just get organized!
It's National Poetry Month! Shoutout to the poets! Who wants to be featured on my blog? Leave a comment or shoot me an email.
I was asked what did I learn over the course of being 32...uh let’s see…
don't make emotional promises, announcements, and/or bets, you know you’re lying...
take it easy a little bit more, it's really not a big deal either way
disconnect as often as possible (also see #12)
accept the opinions of others at a deep discount
charge/pay for advice
be the individual that you want to have/see
don’t bother with making sure other people are happy, that's their responsibility
stop rehashing the past unless it is to study and repeat the dope shit
be grateful for everything
let go of the energy vampires and anything that is not fun
you are enough.
Nine bits to keep things moving forward:
- Have desires and goals.
- Chart your path.
- Put your foot on the gas and know when to hit the brake.
- Authenticity still matters, so does self-assessment.
- Fight for what you believe in and be okay when others do not agree.
- Go where your presence is celebrated not just tolerated.
- Prioritize what brings you closer to inner peace.
- Success and failure are subjective, don't sweat.